Importing/Exporting Your eMoods Data
Your data does not automatically synchronize between the eMoods apps and the eMoods Insights website due to privacy concerns. To get your data from the mobile app to Insights (or vice versa), or to convert your data into a *.CSV for spreadsheet manipulation, you'll need to do a manual import/export. This feature is available for free users as well as patrons.
We recommend making a regular back up of your data. If you're intending to export, make changes, and reimport, always save a copy of the original export file as a backup.
Exporting on iOS - Go to the settings screen and tap 'Export Backup', then 'Generate Backup File'. Note that if you email this file, it will be on your mail provider's server.
Importing on iOS - Open your exported *.emoods file on a device with eMoods installed and then "Copy to eMoods". You will be prompted by eMoods to import this data.
Exporting on Android - For Android, tap the vertical elipses in the upper right corner, tap 'Settings', then 'Data Export/Backup'.
Importing on Android - Open your exported *.emoods file on a device with eMoods installed and you will be prompted by eMoods to import this data.
Exporting on Insights - Click the 'Settings' gear, then 'Export Backup'. This will download directly to your computer.
Importing on Insights - Once logged into the Insights app, click 'Settings' on the sidebar menu inside Insights and "Import from old mobile app". Then select the export file thatyou've saved on your local device.
Converting Your eMoods Data to a CSV
The export.emoods file generated from the export process contains a collection of CSV files that can be opened in most spreadsheet programs. First, rename the extension of the file from .emoods to .zip, so it's now called export.zip . Extract the contents of that zip file, and you will see several CSV files:
- custom_symptoms.csv: This file contains any custom symptoms you have set up in the app.
- entry_custom_symptom.csv: This file contains the values for charted custom symptoms. It links a row from the custom_symptoms file and the entry file.
- entry_medication.csv: This file contains the values for charted medications. It links a row from the medication file and the entry file.
- entry.csv: This file contains one row per date logged in the app. It has all of the values for the default tracking points.
- medication.csv: This file contains any medications you have set up in the app.
- timestamped_note.csv: This file contains any timestamped notes that you have added to the app.